Decisions for the project are made on the project mailing list, a special mailing list for those people interested enough in the project. This page lists decisions found there for reference.
In case a comment here is absolutely necessary please leave it at the Discussion page.
- 1 Mailing lists
- 1.1 Closing of discussion lists
- 1.2 Closing of project list
- 1.3 Contact form for sending mail to project list unmoderated
- 1.4 Removing project archive from search engines
- 1.5 Changing subject tag of German discussion list
- 1.6 Moderation of German discussion list
- 1.7 Ban of Dmytri Kleiner from [ox-en]
- 1.8 Ban of Karl Dietz from Oekonux mailing lists
- 1.9 Ban of Johannes Emminger from [ox-de]
- 2 Wiki
- 3 Integration of the project
- 4 Conferences
- 5 Web sites
- 6 Notes
Because of uncontrollable spam attacks the discussion mailing lists are for members only.
|Execution:||Not reported but soon after decision.|
Because of uncontrollable spam attacks the mailing list [pox] for organization and general contact is for members only.
After the closing of the project list this is a feature to contact the project list with any mail address.
People didn't like to have the [pox] archive inside Google.
The subject tag of the German discussion list should be changed from [ox] to [ox-de].
The German list shall be moderated by using a tool for collective moderation (clerk). This is to avoid closing down the list.
|Concerns left:||Lots from everybody|
Dmytri Kleiner has been banned from [ox-en] because he did not respond properly to a couple of warnings about his unwelcome behavior.
Karl Dietz has been banned from all Oekonux lists because he did not respond properly to lots of warnings about his behavior.
The MediaWiki site that has been set up at this time has been considered a trial site only.
|Execution:||Somewhat later (by setting up a note about the trial state in the Wiki).|
|Concerns left:||Some. Mainly people were concerned about a second attempt which a shift to another site would mean. There were also concerns left about loosing the edit history by the transfer to a new site.|
When updating a page MoinMoin normally displays who received mail notification of that change. This was considered annoying. Therefore this feature was disabled.
At the time of the decision there were a German and an English Wiki. This was considered and the result was that a multilingual Wiki is more useful for Oekonux.
There is a discussion about that at wiki:De:OekonuxWiki/GartenPlan
The names MaintainerGroup / MaintainerGruppe for the Wiki page listing people with extended permissions has been considered misleading because the people there are not maintainers in the sense of the word used in the project. They have been renamed to AdminGroup.
While discussion a integration of the separated language parts in Oekonux the question came up what the language for organizing all common infrastructure should be. It has been decided that this should be English.
See ../Conferences/4thConference/Decisions for the decisions made for the 4th conference.
- The field Call links to the mail calling for consensus or a mail containing a maintainer decision.
- The field Consensus says whether this decision was found by consensus (Yes) or is a maintainer decision (No). Consensus means, that nobody strongly disagreed with the proposal.
- The field Concerns left records the concerns left. These should be expressed in the thread following the call for decision.