With the MoinMoin search engine the same search patterns are allowed in the search and title search input fields as in the parameters for the FullSearch and the PageList macros.
- There may be several search term seperated by white space
- Terms are combined by default with an AND operation - only pages containing all search term are returned
- Double or single quotes may be used to include white space into search terms.
- before a search term means NOT - pages containing this term are excluded from the result
regex:TERM is treated as regular expression
title:TERM searches in pages that their titles match TERM
- Normal search terms do search the titles, too. Matches in titles get more weight as matches in pages.
case:TERM searches case sensitive
linkto:TERM searches for links to TERM
title:, regex:, linkto: and case: may be used in combination in one search term
- these modifiers may be abbreviated to any length: e. g. re:, t:, reg:, cas:, l:
- must be put before any other modifiers
or operator has a lower precedence than the implicit AND
- Parentheses can be used for grouping
searches for help pages that contain the word "macro".
apple (computer or "operating system")
searches for pages containing the word "apple" and at least one of "computer" or "operating system".
windows winamp or linux xmms
searches for pages containing both "windows" and "winamp", and also for pages containing both "linux" and "xmms".
Will match "this text" or "is texts". Quotes are used only to include whitespace, and do not mean "exactly this phrase".
searches for pages that have "Linux" in the page name and that link to WindowsPage
searches for the word "dog" and does not find e.g. the word "doggy"
TitleSearch and PageList
- uses the same patterns
title: is virtually added to every search term